Thursday, August 4, 2011

I Passed!

I saw this at Goodwill this week and wanted wanted wanted it...


I mean WANTED IT!!
It was $75 for 10 pieces...
I WANTED IT...
I drove home.
Looked it up on the Internet to see the value.
I WANTED IT NOW...
I thought about $75.
It wasn't that much...
I REALLY WANTED IT....
I showed it to my BFF Eleanor.
She agreed.
I not only wanted it; I needed it.
What a friend.
We decided that if it were still at the store today,
I could bring it home.
It was.
I left it on the shelf.
I have decided that it is just stuff.
I want my house paid for so I can stay home.
The $75 was transfered as a principle payment on the house.
I still want it... but I don't need it....

Funny thing.
This scripture has run through my head all morning: 
 Matthew 25:23:
His lord said unto him,
 "Well done, good and faithful servant;
thou hast been faithful over a few things,
I will make thee ruler over many things:
enter thou into the joy of thy lord."

6 comments:

  1. Good for you Matty! You'll get to your goals all the sooner. Nothing beats the feeling of knowing you don't owe anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Matty... love your posting.

    I love that you were able to see what your heart really, really wants (being at home)...... and so you could cheerfully (even tho' you still wanted it) put the $$ into the house mortgage. That is such an encouragement to me.

    What ran through MY mind as I read your piece... was the comment that I'm often reminded of by C.S. Lewis.... every choice we make (little or large) either brings us closer to heaven or to hell.

    Am I allowed to add my own 'well done'....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did good, Matty!!! I will remember your strength the next time I am so torn by a special treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't some of the prices at Goodwill become outrageous? Then there are others that are still reasonable, thank goodness.

    I just told my daughter about passing up a shortbread mold at Goodwill yesterday. It was only $2.99 and it was very nice but I kept thinking how I don't NEED another shortbread mold.

    As if to reward me, I later looked through the cart of things they were bringing out and there was... for the same price... a Madeleine cookie mold which I needed very much. They are very hard to find while thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have been there, I feel for you xoxo Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! I know that feeling but you did the thing that will benefit you the most in the end.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in on the farm today! I enjoy your comments!

Warmly,

Matty