Today is my official "first day of summer break" and I can already tell you how I know, even without looking at the calendar:
10. I ate breakfast in my jammies.
9. Wookie didn't call for me until 6 instead of 5 a.m.
8. I am still in my jammies.
7. There is a list of errands THIS LONG to accomplish today.
6. I am still in my jammies.
5. There is a chicken in the fridge thawing for the Mister's supper. For the last two weeks, he has eaten ham sandwiches.
4. There was only one lunch to pack today.
3. I have 320 bruises from working in the yard yesterday.
2. I have poison ivy on my feet from going barefoot and on my arms from picking up hay.
1. A bee stung me on the top of my head while I was in the garden and the Mister was changing supers. Really.
Even though it looks like rain today, I am doing my happy dance. I haven't stayed home and not worked in the summer for 15 years. Yeah. It is going to be good...