Sunday, January 31, 2010

Charity Knitting, January 2010


Here are the offerings for January. From the left are: two hooded scarves, two baby hats, one cabled scarf, and one pair of mittens (I love the pattern, Jane! I plan to try Sandy's next!). This is well on the way to my goal this year: 54 pieces for the Santa Train! Hooray!
I am so proud of you all who are knitting, crocheting, quilting or crafting with me for charity this year. Each of us is changing the world, a bit at the time! Thanks so much!
Fondly,
Matty

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful start to your challenge. I especially love the cabled scarf. I think cabling is one of the prettiest knitting patterns. I just might have to give that a try.

    One "stitch" at a time sweet Jesus ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! How you found time to do so much is beyond me. The lavender is so pretty! Can't believe you knitted those mittens in one day.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great pattern, Jane! Remember, I knit if I am not typing or eating! :P

    The yarn is from Mother; she finds it at yard sales and buys the really nice stuff for me. This came from a box of 20 skeins, all the same brand and weight, and in lovely blues, greys, pinks, and cremes.... must have been an afghan..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color is so soothing isn't it. I knit my daughter Jill a pair of fingerless mitts in that color and almost kept them for myself! Those knitted gifts will bless someone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in on the farm today! I enjoy your comments!

Warmly,

Matty