Thursday, February 2, 2012

An Interesting Random Thursday

Okay, kids, it's been a while since we've had a Random Thursday. And, since I got nothing else, well, here we go, the most interesting things of the week.

Interesting defuser / excuse / go-jump-in-the-lake expression:

I'm so sorry; I am unable to help you with that. Is there any other way I might help?

Repeat as necessary.

Interesting conversation:

Him: I think you are working too hard.

Me:  Oh?

Him: Well, I think I should start washing the dinner dishes and sweeping the kitchen floor every day.

Me: Oh?

Him: Well, it's really all I can do to help.

Me: ??

All I can think of are the other 379 things I do in a day. Mother says, "Be grateful! At least it is more than he has been doing." I now understand how she and my father have stayed married nearly 60 years. It is a war of atrition...

Interesting Text Message:

You have a daughter-in-law.

Interesting Co-worker exchange:

Him: I need more help with the mundane things in our department and I think you are probably smart enough to take on at least one.

Interesting random student statement:

"I like girls." from a girl... out of nowhere... in class... awkward.

Who's up for a road trip? I think I need one....

What's been interesting in your world this week??


3 comments:

  1. Interesting. Are you telling us that your son got married? If so, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Road trip...did you say road trip? I'm in! Yeah, uh, did your boy get married?!!
    Hugs,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Matty, I'm with Jane and Courtney, did your son get married? Wow, if not that was an odd text message! :) I love road trips, nothing quite like them. I once had someone tell me in front of a big group of people at a party.. at my own house: "You know, when I first met you, I didn't think there was nothing to you. Now that I've got to know you, I can see your deep!" That was probably the weirdest "compliment"? I ever received. :) Hang in their pal, it's got to be better tomorrow. Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in on the farm today! I enjoy your comments!

Warmly,

Matty