Thursday, October 20, 2011

Random Thursday

It is October, right? We are predicted snow today. Gotta love the mountains...

The Airman's birthday was a few weeks ago. Guess who he sent flowers and a thank you note? If you ever doubt your parenting skills, this will make you certain you did okay ... or he did okay in spite of you!

Capri has still not learned that the fence is not the place to stick one's head. Since she is a mini-Alpine, she can still, at six months, get her head right into the fence. And she stays there until someone rescues her. The sweet thing about this is that Hollie, the cow, stands guard over her so the other goats can't bang on her. Hollie will stay until someone shows up to cut Capri out. She is also the only one Hollie will share her grain with at dinner time.

Last year I set my goal to double my farm income. I have and then some. Next year, I plan to do the same. For now, though, I have earned enough to pay my taxes, insurance, and now am working on one extra house payment. It is excited and all I can think about is how to make this place more productive. I need a clone, I think.

We are currently cleaning all the goat stalls using our backhoe. This debris is going on our gardens so we can try the no-till method next year. I am really excited to see how this goes. I think I will still grow potatoes the usual way, but the other things, I think, I will try no-till. Let's see what happens.

I am learning Japanese. The Airman has now started integrating Japanese words into his conversation. I just hope I don't say something really crude...

We have open house at the college tomorrow. This guy is coming. Have you seen his video? It makes me laugh out loud! Enjoy and have a great week! I promise to come for a visit soon!


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your success at doubling the productivity of your farm. That is no small feat!! I am always amazed at what you accomplish in a day. You do only have 24 hours, too, don't you???????? (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, if we don't meet up sometime soon...it's a shame! You had me laughing my head off with this...of course that could indicate the state I'm currently in...just saying!

    I love that you are working toward making the farm more productive. That was my focus for the new Etsy shop! I just don't know if I can teach for another 15 years without going completely crazy. I'm so thrilled that you are moving forward with the dream. It keeps me going too!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Matty! Congratulations on meeting your goal with the farm, that is a very big accomplishment and it sounds like you have worked really hard and put your heart into every aspect. What a cute video! It is very energizing! Have a wonderful evening! Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in on the farm today! I enjoy your comments!

Warmly,

Matty