Monday, July 18, 2011

Another day gone... random thoughts

Today we visited the Civil War exhibit at the Concord Museum and walked to Walden Pond. It felt like home for a few minutes... sweet.. the rain was falling and the pond was nearly deserted. I could hear the brown thrush and the wood peckers.

One thing that surprises me about being here is that, while there isn't sweet tea, folks are as nice as they are down South. Everywhere I go, folks are kind, helpful, and pleasant.

There are enough sugar and artificial sweeteners, cups and stirrers left over from serving bagels every morning that I won't need any for the next year.

I have eaten ice cream from Kimball's Dairy for supper for three nights -- so far my favorite is coffee / Oreo. Holey moley.... I even sucked my shirt where I dripped some. I am so ashamed...

Evenings have been quiet; I have completed six dishcloths and one pair of socks this week. I am starting baby socks now...

The decision to give up TV at the Lazy Bee Farm was a great idea. There is nothing interesting on TV. Boring... and I can't even sleep any more with the TV on. Go figure...

My interest in the Concord Female Charitable Society has been re-ignited. I need just one more thing to do. I really want to write a paper and maybe even a book about them... But, I don't have time... I have another writing project underway and I just don't want to take the time from it right now. Do you think I could give up sleeping???

Did you know Don Henley of the Eagles saved some of the area around Walden Pond? He rocks. Literally.

What did you do today?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Matty! Wow, your trip sounds wonderful. You have seen so many beautiful places in the last week and have accomplished quite a lot of knitting! How I would love to see Orchard House. And, Ice cream for supper for three nights in a row? Well you must have just died and gone to heaven. :) I hope you enjoy the rest of your week and have a wonderful time. Delisa :) P.S. I would love to hear more about the "charitable society" I hope you get to write your book or article about it someday, but do not give up sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll find a way to write that paper or book if it is what you really want Matty! Sounds like a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in on the farm today! I enjoy your comments!

Warmly,

Matty