Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Testing ... one... two... three...

The Mister wanted me to try something "artsy." This is my best effort at it...


Remember when I painted the kitchen red and white? Well, here is how it looks now... I love love love it! The old labels came from New Orleans and the cherry sampler over the door I did a million years ago...

This is the studio... It is on the front of the house and gets the morning sun. It is my favorite room in the house because of the light in the morning. The spinning wheel is from Saltville, VA, and came on a wagon from Ohio more than 150 years ago. It is in perfect order. My goal is to spin on it this winter!


The guest room... It is a sweet room, I think, and will be cozy for our friend. The bed is from the 1880s and the cedar chest was my Mother's hope chest. This room looks out over the pastures on the right side of the house and on the pear tree and maples in the side and back yards...

These are just part of my books... The shelves are solid maple and came from our college dumpster when the library was redone. The Mister saved them and brought home enough that we will never needs shelving again! I am glad because they are so sturdy; we have even left the shelf tags on them!



This is the upstairs landing where we can sit on the floor and watch the moon and stars. We have used the telescope for star gazing and watching eclipses. The missionary organ is an old pump organ a friend gave us. It had been in her family for quite a while and no one wanted it. We did! The books on the top are hymnals I found in this house when I bought it years ago. The quilt behind it is the only quilt I found in the house. It is not filled with cotton only. It also has milkweed for the batting as well. This tells me it was made in the 1930s or early 1940s when cotton was hard to get.


We decided to fill our stairwell with items from all the trips we took in our marriage. You can see there is quite a variety, including our wedding picture. There is an interesting blend of prints, cross stitch and posters. The only problem we have now is getting higher than we can reach...

So, there is a quick little tour of the Lazy Bee Farmhouse. I hope that my photography isn't too painful and you have enjoyed our time together. You know...I think I am going to be great friends with this little guy...

2 comments:

  1. So this is your home! Looks nice and sweet Matty. I envy all that space. I could see wiling away quite a bit of time in that studio of yours and the library also. I'm sure your guest will be nice and comfy in your guest room. Thank you for sharing now we know whats behind the future purple door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Matty, I did not know you lived in such a cool home. I love it!! xoxo Clarice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in on the farm today! I enjoy your comments!

Warmly,

Matty