Sunday, August 22, 2010

First Day Musings: Promises

"Weeping endureth for a night, but joy comes in the morning." Psalms 30:5

Engraced on a cross, this verse hangs next to my bed. It is the first thing I can see nearly every morning. This was given to me by God during a really tough time in my life. I was out shopping and it just showed up in the displays. I had to own it.
When I look at this, I remind myself that things aren't always as bad as they seem. Most things, well, all things in life are transitory. Even me. I am reminded of Aunt Jane in Aunt Jane of Kentucky when she says to her neice, "Here is the caliker from her dress, but where is she?" Yeppers. I am dust. Worm food.
But, I am more. I am soul, heart, and love. It is the love I leave that matters, not the work I do even though that seems so very important and fills my days. That is nothing. Rather, it is the compassion I show. It is the reflection of the love our Father had for me that I shine on others.
As this week begins, I'm will try to remember that while it might seem like a dark day, the brightness of the Son will return.

2 comments:

  1. It really is wonderful how God works to encourage us right when we need it most:-) You have a great week Matty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed your posting last Sunday.... but I was missing you... so I came to visit.

    "It is the love I leave that matters".... just was being reminded of that myself this last week. It's the only thing.

    I'm hoping you've been enjoying some joy in the morning times!

    Hugs..........

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in on the farm today! I enjoy your comments!

Warmly,

Matty