Thursday, January 27, 2011

Prayers Please

My dearest friend, Eleanor's husband Edward (who is 70) was carrying a nearly frozen calf to the calf barn when he slipped on ice and fell, hitting his head hard enough that it bounced. He refused to go to the doctor; yesterday, he started having coordination issues. Today, he couldn't tie his shoes. Eleanor insisted that he see the doctor. In short, he has blood on the brain and has been taken by ambulance to the teaching hospital two hours from here. The doctor told Ed as the EMTs loaded him, "You could die today."

We are waiting to hear the news. The family is with them while we sit here praying. Won't you? Thanks.

Update: Ed has surgery in the morning at 7. The doctor there repeated the other's words: "You could die today." He will stay in ICU until after the procedure. Thanks for your prayers!

8 comments:

  1. I pray for recovery!

    I remember after the actress I like so much (she played the mom in the remake of The Parent Trap) hit her head and refused treatment, then died later that day, doctors were reminding people to always get medical help after such an accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, I pray for Ed ... that the pressure on his brain be relieved and that he recover completely. I pray for the strength of his family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh-I am praying for him. This is the kind of thing that happens to skiers and Liam Neesom’s wife died like this. It’s so scary when you hit your head--I so hope all is well.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will pray for him right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will pray for Edward, and for his family.
    I will also pray that that doctor improves his bedside manner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in on the farm today! I enjoy your comments!

Warmly,

Matty