Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Rest in Reason.. Move in Passion

 
Last year I whined A Lot.
This year, I am not.
 
I read something that has really stuck
with me:
Don't set goals.
Do what makes you happy.
Do what you have a passion to do.
 
That really made the most sense
of anything I have read in a long time.
 
The word for this year?
 
I think you guessed it.
 
Passion.
 
Rest in reason; move in Passion.
     ~~ Khalil Gibran
 
Our passions are the winds
that propel our vessel.
Our reason is the pilot that steers her.
Without winds the vessel would not move and without a pilot she would be lost.
   ~~ Proverbs
 
It is the soul's duty to be loyal
to its own desires.
It must abandon itself
to its master passion.
  ~~ Rebecca West
 
Here's to a Passionate New Year!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. My sentiments exactly. I wish you a year full of passionate endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great word choice Matty! Given my overly-reasoning brain, I especially like the Khalil Gibran quote: Rest in reason; move in Passion.

    Actually I always picture you moving and doing with lots of passion.

    Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in on the farm today! I enjoy your comments!

Warmly,

Matty