Sunday, May 27, 2012

Weekly Score

As this is the summer of "done", I promised myself that I would be accountable weekly for my performance. So, here we go...

1) Cleaned the entire downstairs -- cabinets, drawers, and closets. Still organizing..... have you been to the Container Store. Holy moley! They are making my life pure heaven! My favorite, so far, has been the adjustable plate holders. They are making my pan drawers perfectly neat! Next favorite, Ikea. They have these neat little semi-circle doodads that have some crazy Swedish name that I can't even spell that works great for standing all my flat pans and cooling racks. Of course, if I were clever, I could have made these, but Just Not My Cuppa Tea. And, these were cheap enough that I don't feel one bit guilty.

2) Started cleaning the upstairs. This means that my studio is finally to where I can get in! New soap drawing rack (the Annex!) has improved the hodgepodge of things in the studio for the soap.

3) Cleaning the studio means that I got into my sewing. Count, please: two table cloths finished, one duvet cover nearly done (I have to finish the 300 miles of side seams -- it is a queen size, but all the flat lace is on. Yes, pictures coming.) Sorted all the "nearly done" projects -- sachets that need hand finishing are stacked up; baby sweaters longing for buttons sitting patiently for their last bit; tiny hats with a little yarn to work in are all next to my chair. Sewing day for that this week. I did finish four scarves (just needed a little more work) and a few hats. Why do I stop when I am five rows from done??

4) Made stawberry and cherry jams for market. Okay. These weren't undone, but they demanded Immediate Attention because they Were Ready. Total: 16 jars....

5) Cleaned the front porch and side porch. Put everything in its place. Finally. Still need to move the new stanchion to the milking parlor. The girls are getting a metal one. At last!

6) Cleaned and moved the diddles. We have 50 baby chicks right now. They had to be sorted out and divided. Some will be dinner in 12 more weeks. The others will be new layers.

7) Sorted textbooks; sold a bunch; gave some away. Thank goodness!

8) Threw away three trash bags of paper. Where does this stuff come from anyhow??

9) Defrosted the egg refrigerator. It's that old, yes.

10) Sorted and organized market and craft show ideas. Some people are much more clever than I, but I sure love to "borrrow" their ideas!

11) Worked the Farmer's Market and one craft show. My little business is building and I am so pleased!

And that about does it. Some was "undone," and some "needed done." I guess it is a win-win, eh?

3 comments:

  1. Whew! You are on a power surge! Thanks for the knitting mags. They arrived safely and I'm enjoying looking at all the projects I'd like to get to! I just found a new spinning shop. The woman has my life...now I have to find out how to get it!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matty! You are amazing and you have accomplished so much. Your determination is so inspiring. I can't wait to see a picture of the quilt. Have a lovely evening ahead! Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me tired just reading!!! Ha! Would love to see pics of organization things and your sewing! Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in on the farm today! I enjoy your comments!

Warmly,

Matty