Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Month? Seriously??

Yes, I came home. Reluctantly.

I love Okinawa! The people are charming and so dear. The island is beautiful! The Mr. and Mrs. Airman are marvelous! Pictures soon, I promise!

To sum up the month:

Went to Okinawa.
Came home.
Slept 15 hours straight as it took 37 hours to get home. Don't ask.
Back to work.
Work.
Work.
Work.
Anabelle (the goat) had triplets -- two bucks and a doe.
Weeded 149 asparagus plants.
Planted four rows of peas, two of radishes, one of parsnips, one of collards, and two of beets.
Planted 50 blackberry bushes.
Completed a "certified bee keeper" class. Yeppers. Not only am I bona fide, I am certified!
Work.
Interviewed to become an artisian vendor at Grayson Highlands State Park (this is a biggie for me and I am thrilled; will know next week.)
Somehow managed to clean out all my clothes to things that fit and feel good. I will only slightly brag when I say that I tossed six garbage bags of clothes for our local charity. Yeah. That felt good!
Built and planted a raised bed for lettuce and strawberries. Both are up. Berries blooming. Lettuce darling.
Waiting for the tractor held hostage in Japan. Honestly, I could have ridden it home. Mostly.

I have missed visiting you all! What have you been into??

5 comments:

  1. So glad to have you back!! You sound marvelous...travel and working on 1000 projects seem to agree with you! I'm just working, working, working...oh, and rug hooking and going to hook-ins. We need to build several raised beds very soon!
    Hugs,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Matty! Glad you had a lovely time. Becoming a artisan vendor sounds like something you would enjoy. My garden is keeping me busy too. This year I'm going to try not to till, so I'm turn it the old-fashioned way. Glad I have a strong back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Matty,

    You're back; yay! I've missed you, too, and hope you have lots of goodies to share with us about your trip. :)

    Here you've been living the real thing, that I had to drive to a store to get (Asian food).

    Love,

    Marqueta

    p.s. I'll get my muck boots and come on over to help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you are back! But boy are you busy... We have just been so Lazy around here.. Lol... I am still not where I need to be and my house is getting messier by the day....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in on the farm today! I enjoy your comments!

Warmly,

Matty