Sunday, February 14, 2016

You Don't Know Love....

First grandchild!

When I was expecting my child, a little lady at the nursing home where I was working said to me, "You THINK you know love now, but you will realize how wrong you are when  you have your child."

She was right.

I probably made my child a sort of religion. I saw everything through those new eyes and enjoyed every minute of showing this amazing person the world.

Guess what?

I learned about love again this week. This special person magically came into my life and I am so smitten that I border on stupid. Complete strangers have to admire the pictures of this little one as I declare this is the most perfect child ever created.

I have it bad.

Happy Valentine's Day! May someone love you as completely as I do this special star....

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I didn't realize how much one could love a grandchild until my daughter had kids. Even though they live far away, they are still a part of my life. My son and his wife are expecting in July and (so far) they are close enough to hold that baby. Such a great photo of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Grandma! I understand completely. I'm over the moon with happiness for you, Matty!

    Special granny hug,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on becoming a grandma. I loved my dear grandma so very much and I still cry when I think of her, blessed person. I knew love long before I became a mum and again when I did, in a different way. Pam in Norway

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in on the farm today! I enjoy your comments!

Warmly,

Matty